Need room addition in Baltimore,MD on limited income
First,confirm the cost with two more quotes.
Explore creative financing which involves researching various loans including ones which are available to disabled individuals.
Consider,if all else fails,breaking the project down into pieces (foundation and shell only).
Once you have a weather proof shell,the rest of the work could proceed as finances allow.Considering the addition will add equity,you should be able to finance this without too much trouble.Best of Luck!
Prices also differ across the country. ie) Prices in New York are higher than Minnesota.
Just because the land is level doesn't mean there are no problems. What counts is how deep you must go for a solid footer.
Also - bathroom cost more that a bedroom because of the plumbing/fixtures.
Your cost is $120/square foot. That's not unreasonable for a bathroom and is low for some areas of the country.
But do get 2 more estimates.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!