Need room addition in Baltimore,MD on limited income
First,confirm the cost with two more quotes.
Explore creative financing which involves researching various loans including ones which are available to disabled individuals.
Consider,if all else fails,breaking the project down into pieces (foundation and shell only).
Once you have a weather proof shell,the rest of the work could proceed as finances allow.Considering the addition will add equity,you should be able to finance this without too much trouble.Best of Luck!
Prices also differ across the country. ie) Prices in New York are higher than Minnesota.
Just because the land is level doesn't mean there are no problems. What counts is how deep you must go for a solid footer.
Also - bathroom cost more that a bedroom because of the plumbing/fixtures.
Your cost is $120/square foot. That's not unreasonable for a bathroom and is low for some areas of the country.
But do get 2 more estimates.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects