Need room addition in Baltimore,MD on limited income
First,confirm the cost with two more quotes.
Explore creative financing which involves researching various loans including ones which are available to disabled individuals.
Consider,if all else fails,breaking the project down into pieces (foundation and shell only).
Once you have a weather proof shell,the rest of the work could proceed as finances allow.Considering the addition will add equity,you should be able to finance this without too much trouble.Best of Luck!
Prices also differ across the country. ie) Prices in New York are higher than Minnesota.
Just because the land is level doesn't mean there are no problems. What counts is how deep you must go for a solid footer.
Also - bathroom cost more that a bedroom because of the plumbing/fixtures.
Your cost is $120/square foot. That's not unreasonable for a bathroom and is low for some areas of the country.
But do get 2 more estimates.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight