Need room addition in Baltimore,MD on limited income
First,confirm the cost with two more quotes.
Explore creative financing which involves researching various loans including ones which are available to disabled individuals.
Consider,if all else fails,breaking the project down into pieces (foundation and shell only).
Once you have a weather proof shell,the rest of the work could proceed as finances allow.Considering the addition will add equity,you should be able to finance this without too much trouble.Best of Luck!
Prices also differ across the country. ie) Prices in New York are higher than Minnesota.
Just because the land is level doesn't mean there are no problems. What counts is how deep you must go for a solid footer.
Also - bathroom cost more that a bedroom because of the plumbing/fixtures.
Your cost is $120/square foot. That's not unreasonable for a bathroom and is low for some areas of the country.
But do get 2 more estimates.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps