Please, someone help! In our main bathroom we use the shower every day. The ceiling starts getting mold & mildew within 2 weeks of us cleaning it with a solution of bleach. We have an exhaust fan in there & we turn it on before every shower. Can anyone tell me why this is happening, and what can we do?
After trying numerous things myself,I was about to give up.I took a wild guess that my walls needed venting.On the exterior of the house I installed small vents I got at the hardware store.I put 4 along the outside of the bath floor area and 4 directly above those at ceiling level.This vented the inside of the wall without creating drafts inside(each vent is the size of a quarter)the bathroom.The only other thing I did was used stain kill on the ceiling but I think the vents did the work because my wood shingles outside the bathroom don't peel anymore either.It may be worth a try and it can't hurt.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!