im trying to move the stove in my basement apartment into the corner against the wall so i can put a range hood above it to the outside. but im going to have to cut about 1' off the counter and cupboard. what kind of saw do i use so i can save the rest of the counter?? any other hints to save the piece of cupboard im cutting out??
Have you considered an unvented range hood? That way, it doesn't have to be on an outside wall. Unvented range hoods pull the air through a filter.
thank you. yes i considered a ductless one but the outside wall is right there and the main objective for me is to move the stove as whoever put it in wasnt really thinking. its in the walkway and you have to turn sideways to get by it.
You could use a handheld jigsaw equipped with a downcutting blade to cut the counter and cupboard. Put some painter's blue tape on top of the counter and then mark on the blue tape your cutline. Then, using the jigsaw, cut the line you just drew on the blue tape. Move slowly and allow the blade to do the work. When you're done cutting, pull off the blue tape this should help prevent a mark on your countertop.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 11 Homemade Sheds to Fill Your Storage Needs
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight