im trying to move the stove in my basement apartment into the corner against the wall so i can put a range hood above it to the outside. but im going to have to cut about 1' off the counter and cupboard. what kind of saw do i use so i can save the rest of the counter?? any other hints to save the piece of cupboard im cutting out??
Have you considered an unvented range hood? That way, it doesn't have to be on an outside wall. Unvented range hoods pull the air through a filter.
thank you. yes i considered a ductless one but the outside wall is right there and the main objective for me is to move the stove as whoever put it in wasnt really thinking. its in the walkway and you have to turn sideways to get by it.
You could use a handheld jigsaw equipped with a downcutting blade to cut the counter and cupboard. Put some painter's blue tape on top of the counter and then mark on the blue tape your cutline. Then, using the jigsaw, cut the line you just drew on the blue tape. Move slowly and allow the blade to do the work. When you're done cutting, pull off the blue tape this should help prevent a mark on your countertop.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes