Want to change the garage access from one side of the wall to the other
Putting in a wall with door on the south end is pretty basic. Just take down the door (leaving the existing wall structure as is) and all the trim around the opening. Then build the stud wall in the opening. You'll need to re-side or this wall will look bad.
The west wall is a challenge. You have to support the ceiling and attic as you rip out the west wall. The door opening requires a large built-up beam across the top of the opening. I would track down a good remodeling contractor. This part of the job should be done all at one time. You'll probably need permits for such a major structural modification.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!