Do I need to run phone line for satelite installation? Do I need to run a phone line from the dish to the distribution panel? Do I need to run phone lines to each location where a receiver will be? Thanks in advance for any help.
I've used DirecTV for about 2 years now. The only phone line needed runs to the receiver. I live in a rural area and many of my neighbors also use DirecTV or DishTV. You really only need the phone line hooked to the receiver for Pay-Per-View or premium subscriptions like NFL Sunday Ticket. The literature that comes with the system says you need the phone line hooked up so your receiver can be updated regularly. However, some of my neighbors told me (and so did a retailer) that you can get the updates by having the provider (DirecTV) mail you the updated access card that goes into the receiver. Again - without a phone line, you don't get PPV or other types of premium stuff. I hope this helps!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!