New driveway advice
I am planning on replacing my asphalt driveway soon. I live just south of Lake Ontario in NY state.
I was told that my current driveway does not have any base. Now rocks are breaking the surface and there are may places sinking (where the car sits).
What I am looking for is advice on how I know that the contractor I choose to install the new driveway is installing a quality one and doing it correctly.
What is a good base material and how thick should it be?
How thick should the asphalt be?
How course should the asphalt be?
Any other preparations?
Thanks for you help.
Thanks for you help
Well, you asked for it.
Asphalt Driveway Specification and [url-http://www.tarmacamerica.com/tarmac/products/readymix/howtoconcrete.html]How To Buy A Concrete Driveway[/url]
Good luck! My best to ya and hope this helps. (If it doesn't, come back.)
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Steps to Paradise in Your Own Backyard
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 15 Plants Perfect for Hanging Baskets
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Corral Kids' Clutter with 15 DIY Storage Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps