New driveway advice
I am planning on replacing my asphalt driveway soon. I live just south of Lake Ontario in NY state.
I was told that my current driveway does not have any base. Now rocks are breaking the surface and there are may places sinking (where the car sits).
What I am looking for is advice on how I know that the contractor I choose to install the new driveway is installing a quality one and doing it correctly.
What is a good base material and how thick should it be?
How thick should the asphalt be?
How course should the asphalt be?
Any other preparations?
Thanks for you help.
Thanks for you help
Well, you asked for it.
Asphalt Driveway Specification and [url-http://www.tarmacamerica.com/tarmac/products/readymix/howtoconcrete.html]How To Buy A Concrete Driveway[/url]
Good luck! My best to ya and hope this helps. (If it doesn't, come back.)
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them