New driveway advice
I am planning on replacing my asphalt driveway soon. I live just south of Lake Ontario in NY state.
I was told that my current driveway does not have any base. Now rocks are breaking the surface and there are may places sinking (where the car sits).
What I am looking for is advice on how I know that the contractor I choose to install the new driveway is installing a quality one and doing it correctly.
What is a good base material and how thick should it be?
How thick should the asphalt be?
How course should the asphalt be?
Any other preparations?
Thanks for you help.
Thanks for you help
Well, you asked for it.
Asphalt Driveway Specification and [url-http://www.tarmacamerica.com/tarmac/products/readymix/howtoconcrete.html]How To Buy A Concrete Driveway[/url]
Good luck! My best to ya and hope this helps. (If it doesn't, come back.)
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 11 Ways to Dress Up Your Dresser
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Facade Facelift: Simple, Affordable Ways to Make a Better First Impression
- Reconsider Aboveground Pools: 10 Reasons Why
- 5 New Uses for Old Wooden Crates
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Make Your Own Bookcase: 10 DIY Designs