New driveway advice
I am planning on replacing my asphalt driveway soon. I live just south of Lake Ontario in NY state.
I was told that my current driveway does not have any base. Now rocks are breaking the surface and there are may places sinking (where the car sits).
What I am looking for is advice on how I know that the contractor I choose to install the new driveway is installing a quality one and doing it correctly.
What is a good base material and how thick should it be?
How thick should the asphalt be?
How course should the asphalt be?
Any other preparations?
Thanks for you help.
Thanks for you help
Well, you asked for it.
Asphalt Driveway Specification and [url-http://www.tarmacamerica.com/tarmac/products/readymix/howtoconcrete.html]How To Buy A Concrete Driveway[/url]
Good luck! My best to ya and hope this helps. (If it doesn't, come back.)
Jay J -Moderator
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING