New driveway advice
I am planning on replacing my asphalt driveway soon. I live just south of Lake Ontario in NY state.
I was told that my current driveway does not have any base. Now rocks are breaking the surface and there are may places sinking (where the car sits).
What I am looking for is advice on how I know that the contractor I choose to install the new driveway is installing a quality one and doing it correctly.
What is a good base material and how thick should it be?
How thick should the asphalt be?
How course should the asphalt be?
Any other preparations?
Thanks for you help.
Thanks for you help
Well, you asked for it.
Asphalt Driveway Specification and [url-http://www.tarmacamerica.com/tarmac/products/readymix/howtoconcrete.html]How To Buy A Concrete Driveway[/url]
Good luck! My best to ya and hope this helps. (If it doesn't, come back.)
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers