Finding history of house
"Contact your local Preservation Society or Historical Society for info."
Since there is a plaque, your house is probably registered, and I believe you are REQUIRED to submit ANY remodelling changes for review/approval by your local Preservation Society or Historical Society. This can be a problem if you want to update certain aspects of the house including landscaping!
I had a 'second thought'. If there are other restored homes in the area that look 'authentic', your question would be 'nice' way to introduce yourself to them.
Yes, good luck and enjoy your home.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects