I am getting ready to add a room addition(9'x12')onto the kitchen, update the kitchen, add a 9'x5' vestibul and tie a new Victorina porch into the addition. I am getting mixed messages from architects and contractors on the issue of whether I need an architect or not. Some contractors say I need one others say I dont't. Some architects say I need one and others say I don't. I am soooo confused any advise out there.
To make a long story short,for your addition you should have an architect.If something should "go down" during or after completion,the question would be raised whether or not you had professional help with your plans.
I would hire an architect. You're trying to make new rooms flow together well. You're also trying to make the exterior look right. Some contractors are quite good at making it all work but some aren't. With an architect, you should get drawings to show what you'll end up with. This will save arguments later.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?