I'm a new homeowner and would like to have some home repairs done - some are smaller projects and some a bit larger. Any advice on how to go about finding a reliable, trustworthy, and qualified general contractor for home repairs? What sort of questions should I ask. How do improve my chances of selecting a contractor whose on "the up-and-up" and won't try to take me (or my wallet) for a ride? Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Depending on which state you live in,there may be a consumer reporting agency,better business bureau,or licensing agency which tracks complaints lodged against contractors.Word of mouth is probably the most popular way of finding someone,especially for smaller jobs.Look in your area for work being done,stop by and talk with the homeowner and the company.There are no guarantees here but the more information and references you can get,the better.
my sagging floors
Safety on Bob Vilas shows and Ryley the carpenter?
Malibu Remodel contractor
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!