I'm experiencing noise from my Dryer. It's a steady humming noise. It dries the clothes fine but the noise is constant. Can anyone give me any ideas as to what it can be?
Noise from a dryer is usually from the moving parts of which there are only a few.The motor and drum which are connected by a belt is the usual source of noise.Sometimes the belt is loose,or the motor bearings wear,or it's a simple matter of oiling or greasing.If you're not into poking around inside the dryer then you may want to have an appliance person stop by.
I had one once with a tension pully for the drive belt that became noisey. It had a teflon washer that kept it quiet which was worn out. Lubricating the pulley was a temporary fix - I had to get another washer. I suggest you take the front off the dryer and listen to the parts as they operate.
I just had a Kenmore 27" electric dryer model #110.69912990 that started making a high-pitched noise even though it was drying well. Problem was a fabric softener sheet had slipped around the lint filter into the exhaust fan. This is easily accessible by removing the front panel on the bottom of the dryer, unscrew the black cover just below the lint filter, and clean out the exhaust fan located lower left inside the black cover. All you need is a screwdriver to release the two clips at the top of the panel, about 4" in from each side, and a nut driver to remove the screws holding the cover to the exhaust fan. No more squealing! Picture shows the black cover attached after removing front panel.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes