I'd like to know what is the standard height for metal clothes line posts. I have 2 nice galvanized 6'10" T-posts. Don't want the posts to later sag toward the middle. Excavated square holes about 20" x 20", 16" deep. Figure top of posts need to be about 5'6" to 5'10". Wonder if should hammer rebar into ground, slide post onto it, concrete it. Any thoughts welcome. Thanks.
It depends if you live in a frost area. If you have to bury these things in the ground a couple of feet. They will not be tall enought o keep sheets off the ground.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!