I read (awhile back) a recommendation on the brand of caulking for use around the bathroom tub & I can't locate the information. I am recaulking the tub(again) and would like it to stick this time!!! Any suggestions of what type caulk works best? Also, I have a gap of about 1/4 inch in some places between the tub and tile. Should I use a filler between??
Although there are many products offered for use as chaulks suitable for use in the shower/tub area, most of the "long lasting" products have a silicon base and are generally "guaranteed" for a specific period of time. Regardless of the product used, if you are having trouble with the chaulk material adhering, make certain that you have thouroughly cleaned the tile and tub surfaces before applying the chaulk. I will generally use acetone as a solvent before applying a chaulk. A small amount of expanding foam insulating material makes a good filler. After injecting it into the crack and allowing it to expand, it may be trimmed appropriatly and chaulked over. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!