I read (awhile back) a recommendation on the brand of caulking for use around the bathroom tub & I can't locate the information. I am recaulking the tub(again) and would like it to stick this time!!! Any suggestions of what type caulk works best? Also, I have a gap of about 1/4 inch in some places between the tub and tile. Should I use a filler between??
Although there are many products offered for use as chaulks suitable for use in the shower/tub area, most of the "long lasting" products have a silicon base and are generally "guaranteed" for a specific period of time. Regardless of the product used, if you are having trouble with the chaulk material adhering, make certain that you have thouroughly cleaned the tile and tub surfaces before applying the chaulk. I will generally use acetone as a solvent before applying a chaulk. A small amount of expanding foam insulating material makes a good filler. After injecting it into the crack and allowing it to expand, it may be trimmed appropriatly and chaulked over. Good luck.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes