Washing the Exterior of a House
But when you go to wash the house, rent a pressure washer that has a detergent intake. Use a bit of TSP (trisodium phosphate) in with the water flow according to the directions on the label. Just be sure not to use too much pressure! Adjust the water pressure so that you are using the minimum amount necessary to clean the house. It is a very common mistake for contractors using pressure washers to use too much power, and then you end up with water in the soffits, under the siding, in joints, etc. If water is seeping in anywhere, it is too much pressure.
If you want to avoid high pressure, I have had excellent success with a product called Jo-Max. You mix it with water and bleach and spray on with a garden sprayer - no pressure. Let it sit for a little while, then rinse off with a garden hose.
Exterior Painting - need advice
Spray versus Brush Paint to Exterior of House
Exterior house paint---- Are there certain colors a...
trial paint combinations on-line
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes