( I fixed that because it was suppose to rain) What should I do next, the owner of the company has told the supervisor the job is finished? The owner is "out of town" Geez my gas meter is apart? they have some gage on it, it isn't reassembled? Is this dangerous? My only light in this tunnel is the fact I haven't paid them a dime yet. Did I tell you the owner made a sarcatic comment as he left "I guess I bug you for the money you owe me till its fixed" I said "well I would hope not!" Geez, what do I do now, someone give me some advice. Oh, did I tell you the owner turns out to be an attorney? It just keeps getting worse. So much for the BBB and checking those references.
As far as I can see you have only a few choices. First I would file complaint with the "FTC" and "BBB." May not help you but, atleast may prevent someone else from making same mistake.
Find a new contractor to correct mistakes. As I see it your throwing good $ after bad keeping these guys around. Then I would sue! Even though owner attorney, he still has to answer for his employees actions. Could get expensive. If you don't want to do that, do what I said. Get it done by someone else, put it behind you.
I doing my remodeling job myself. Never intended to, have no choice. I know this is probablyt not what you wanted to hear but, best I could do. Good Luck!
The only solution I can see, in the face of incompetance like this is;
Payment never maybe
Photos and notes to show the judge or arbitrator
You've already gone the second mile in notification IMO but it is normal to certify a letter to him stating that he will have it all finished and fixed to your satisfaction within seven days or you will take such and such action.
Then you hire someone else to do it right. You deduct that cost from what he thinks you owe him. Do it right and he won't owe yuou anything.
Then file a claim in small claims court against him for ruining your home and life. First to file always has a leg up so don't wait for him to file against you for non-payment.
Breathe easy. You will have used the money that was going to pay him to fix things so you aren't out cash other than the aggravation. With luch you can recoup something for that before the judge.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- 9 Ways to Get on Board with Pegboard
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY