weight bearing wall question
Since your question was so vague I can only answer in broad terms. 'Load bearing' walls are a vital part of the structural integrity of a building. For almost 'anything' you do to or with a load bearing wall - you must 'compensate'.
If you take out a section of a load bearing wall, you must replace that section with a 'compensating' member...i.e. something has to carry the 'load'.
For example - I just removed 29' of load bearing wall in my house - I had to 'compensate' by replacing the wall with an iron 'I' beam rated to carry the calculated 'load'. (I could have used an engineered 'glue-lam').
You said "all the information you can get" - [almost]Any removal of load bearing wall requires an engineer/architect to provide plans or calculations for the permit.
Your name - 'doitmyselfwannabe' indicates this is not an area you have expertise in - the very first step in any construction project is a set of 'plans' - they are worth their weight in gold - hire an expert to draw your plans for you (no professional plans - usually means no permit) - a lot of jurisdictions mandate engineered or architectural plans before they will issue a permit (that means NO - they do not except homeowner 'home drawings'.
weight bearing wall removal
Door opening in bearing wall
bathroom remodel / recessed medicine cabinet/weight ...
identifying a load bearing wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools