weight bearing wall question
Since your question was so vague I can only answer in broad terms. 'Load bearing' walls are a vital part of the structural integrity of a building. For almost 'anything' you do to or with a load bearing wall - you must 'compensate'.
If you take out a section of a load bearing wall, you must replace that section with a 'compensating' member...i.e. something has to carry the 'load'.
For example - I just removed 29' of load bearing wall in my house - I had to 'compensate' by replacing the wall with an iron 'I' beam rated to carry the calculated 'load'. (I could have used an engineered 'glue-lam').
You said "all the information you can get" - [almost]Any removal of load bearing wall requires an engineer/architect to provide plans or calculations for the permit.
Your name - 'doitmyselfwannabe' indicates this is not an area you have expertise in - the very first step in any construction project is a set of 'plans' - they are worth their weight in gold - hire an expert to draw your plans for you (no professional plans - usually means no permit) - a lot of jurisdictions mandate engineered or architectural plans before they will issue a permit (that means NO - they do not except homeowner 'home drawings'.
weight bearing wall removal
Door opening in bearing wall
bathroom remodel / recessed medicine cabinet/weight ...
identifying a load bearing wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects