weight bearing wall question
Since your question was so vague I can only answer in broad terms. 'Load bearing' walls are a vital part of the structural integrity of a building. For almost 'anything' you do to or with a load bearing wall - you must 'compensate'.
If you take out a section of a load bearing wall, you must replace that section with a 'compensating' member...i.e. something has to carry the 'load'.
For example - I just removed 29' of load bearing wall in my house - I had to 'compensate' by replacing the wall with an iron 'I' beam rated to carry the calculated 'load'. (I could have used an engineered 'glue-lam').
You said "all the information you can get" - [almost]Any removal of load bearing wall requires an engineer/architect to provide plans or calculations for the permit.
Your name - 'doitmyselfwannabe' indicates this is not an area you have expertise in - the very first step in any construction project is a set of 'plans' - they are worth their weight in gold - hire an expert to draw your plans for you (no professional plans - usually means no permit) - a lot of jurisdictions mandate engineered or architectural plans before they will issue a permit (that means NO - they do not except homeowner 'home drawings'.
weight bearing wall removal
Door opening in bearing wall
bathroom remodel / recessed medicine cabinet/weight ...
identifying a load bearing wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes