weight bearing wall question
Since your question was so vague I can only answer in broad terms. 'Load bearing' walls are a vital part of the structural integrity of a building. For almost 'anything' you do to or with a load bearing wall - you must 'compensate'.
If you take out a section of a load bearing wall, you must replace that section with a 'compensating' member...i.e. something has to carry the 'load'.
For example - I just removed 29' of load bearing wall in my house - I had to 'compensate' by replacing the wall with an iron 'I' beam rated to carry the calculated 'load'. (I could have used an engineered 'glue-lam').
You said "all the information you can get" - [almost]Any removal of load bearing wall requires an engineer/architect to provide plans or calculations for the permit.
Your name - 'doitmyselfwannabe' indicates this is not an area you have expertise in - the very first step in any construction project is a set of 'plans' - they are worth their weight in gold - hire an expert to draw your plans for you (no professional plans - usually means no permit) - a lot of jurisdictions mandate engineered or architectural plans before they will issue a permit (that means NO - they do not except homeowner 'home drawings'.
weight bearing wall removal
Door opening in bearing wall
bathroom remodel / recessed medicine cabinet/weight ...
identifying a load bearing wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!