weight bearing wall question
Since your question was so vague I can only answer in broad terms. 'Load bearing' walls are a vital part of the structural integrity of a building. For almost 'anything' you do to or with a load bearing wall - you must 'compensate'.
If you take out a section of a load bearing wall, you must replace that section with a 'compensating' member...i.e. something has to carry the 'load'.
For example - I just removed 29' of load bearing wall in my house - I had to 'compensate' by replacing the wall with an iron 'I' beam rated to carry the calculated 'load'. (I could have used an engineered 'glue-lam').
You said "all the information you can get" - [almost]Any removal of load bearing wall requires an engineer/architect to provide plans or calculations for the permit.
Your name - 'doitmyselfwannabe' indicates this is not an area you have expertise in - the very first step in any construction project is a set of 'plans' - they are worth their weight in gold - hire an expert to draw your plans for you (no professional plans - usually means no permit) - a lot of jurisdictions mandate engineered or architectural plans before they will issue a permit (that means NO - they do not except homeowner 'home drawings'.
weight bearing wall removal
Door opening in bearing wall
bathroom remodel / recessed medicine cabinet/weight ...
identifying a load bearing wall
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!