bathroom reno timeline
I am considering renovating the one and only bathroom in my small, semi-detached house. But since it's the only bathroom, what to do while the work is being done? I am/was hoping to do as much of the work as possible myself, with at least one pair of helping hands, but can anyone give me a realistic timeline for how long the work might take? The room is fairly small, about 5' X 8'. The tub, sink and toilet all need to be moved.
I just talked with a friend today who recently spent two weeks redoing a bathroom in a house he rents. He replaced the floor, moved the stool, moved the sink, ran new wiring, and probably redid the walls too. He did all this during his off hours from work, and told me there were many nights he was up past midnight. I should add that he's very experienced at this sort of thing. Less experience might equal more time.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight