I live in the Boston area and when my steep driveway has snow or ice on it, it can be a problem driving up and into the garage. What are some possible solutions?
Now this is one I can relate to. I had a driveway that was not only steep, but on an angle as well since I was on a culdesac. The ONLY way to get up it safely is to keep it clean, and if not hope you have a rear wheel drive car, cause front wheel drive would never make it up my driveway, they always got stuck right at the gutter. Best bet is keep lots of magnesium chloride on hand, not salt. Calcium chloride if you cant find the magnesuim chloride will work but has a higher freezing point.
Where can I get that? Does Home Depot or Lowe's usually stock the magnesium and or calcium chloride? Have you tried any of the wheel "unstucker" products? I have had some success with a product called Truckers Unstuckers from Brookstone and am considering another product they have called Snow Grips. Thanks.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!