how many screws for drywall
It's great that you're saving some $$$ by doing the work yourself.
Now, go out and spend some of that $$$ on a GOOD , general home maintenance book. Time/Life and Reader's Digest (among others) are a good investment.
I could give you the answer but do this for yourself. It's $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Screw into EVERY stud, 8" apart, at the corners and seams. A good book will teach you how to mud too ...
"doing it over and over again" just isn't an option for everybody. Most of us do various DIY things only a few times in a lifetime. (That's why there are questions like the one that prompted this post.)
Jay is right - a good book is priceless - money well spent. And you can always go to a library and borrow books for free.
Thanks to those who care!
Jay's very first response answered the question in the "PS". It says:
Screw into EVERY stud, 8" apart
Everything after that was just discussion about whether books are worthwhile or not.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!