how many screws for drywall
It's great that you're saving some $$$ by doing the work yourself.
Now, go out and spend some of that $$$ on a GOOD , general home maintenance book. Time/Life and Reader's Digest (among others) are a good investment.
I could give you the answer but do this for yourself. It's $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Screw into EVERY stud, 8" apart, at the corners and seams. A good book will teach you how to mud too ...
"doing it over and over again" just isn't an option for everybody. Most of us do various DIY things only a few times in a lifetime. (That's why there are questions like the one that prompted this post.)
Jay is right - a good book is priceless - money well spent. And you can always go to a library and borrow books for free.
Thanks to those who care!
Jay's very first response answered the question in the "PS". It says:
Screw into EVERY stud, 8" apart
Everything after that was just discussion about whether books are worthwhile or not.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs