how many screws for drywall
It's great that you're saving some $$$ by doing the work yourself.
Now, go out and spend some of that $$$ on a GOOD , general home maintenance book. Time/Life and Reader's Digest (among others) are a good investment.
I could give you the answer but do this for yourself. It's $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Screw into EVERY stud, 8" apart, at the corners and seams. A good book will teach you how to mud too ...
"doing it over and over again" just isn't an option for everybody. Most of us do various DIY things only a few times in a lifetime. (That's why there are questions like the one that prompted this post.)
Jay is right - a good book is priceless - money well spent. And you can always go to a library and borrow books for free.
Thanks to those who care!
Jay's very first response answered the question in the "PS". It says:
Screw into EVERY stud, 8" apart
Everything after that was just discussion about whether books are worthwhile or not.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love