how many screws for drywall
It's great that you're saving some $$$ by doing the work yourself.
Now, go out and spend some of that $$$ on a GOOD , general home maintenance book. Time/Life and Reader's Digest (among others) are a good investment.
I could give you the answer but do this for yourself. It's $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Screw into EVERY stud, 8" apart, at the corners and seams. A good book will teach you how to mud too ...
"doing it over and over again" just isn't an option for everybody. Most of us do various DIY things only a few times in a lifetime. (That's why there are questions like the one that prompted this post.)
Jay is right - a good book is priceless - money well spent. And you can always go to a library and borrow books for free.
Thanks to those who care!
Jay's very first response answered the question in the "PS". It says:
Screw into EVERY stud, 8" apart
Everything after that was just discussion about whether books are worthwhile or not.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes