how many screws for drywall
It's great that you're saving some $$$ by doing the work yourself.
Now, go out and spend some of that $$$ on a GOOD , general home maintenance book. Time/Life and Reader's Digest (among others) are a good investment.
I could give you the answer but do this for yourself. It's $$$ well spent.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: Screw into EVERY stud, 8" apart, at the corners and seams. A good book will teach you how to mud too ...
"doing it over and over again" just isn't an option for everybody. Most of us do various DIY things only a few times in a lifetime. (That's why there are questions like the one that prompted this post.)
Jay is right - a good book is priceless - money well spent. And you can always go to a library and borrow books for free.
Thanks to those who care!
Jay's very first response answered the question in the "PS". It says:
Screw into EVERY stud, 8" apart
Everything after that was just discussion about whether books are worthwhile or not.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps