per sq ft costs
This just leaves the contractor. Make sure you check them out. You can't base your decision completely on price; and, conversely, you do not want to pay too much for the job. The secret is to find a good combination of price and quality. (Not at all an easy task)
I do not know where in rural PA you are; but, if it is close to Delware I can refer you to a good contractor.
I have built from 57/ft up to 380/ft, according o what is included. I don't bid but these are actuall costs derived from expenses. Bidding is a gimmick with ways around set prices. When I used to bid, I found that I lost the war to builders who wrote contracts to deliberately exclude items or to have "allowances" that were unrealistically low. Then the change order express got on the tracks after construction was begun and the final costs wwere higher than what I had bid to include in the first place.
What you need to do is seek out a repuatable builder and work with him to negotiate a successful completion. That way you are working together.
It is only real estate agents and insurance people after the fact who deal in terms of Sq ft pricing.
But if you do want a firm price, you need a firm set of plans and a commitment that his is what you are going to build. It takes me a week to come up with an accurate estimate and I won't do it fro free.
The range you have now is as good as you can expect without firm committments.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Creative Ways to Repurpose Cardboard
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- 16 Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!