Hi, I've been reading about the solid surface tub surround kits, but does anyone knoe where I can find them (in L.A. area)? I checked Home Depot and they only have the acrylic ones. Thanks
Solid surface is a wonderful material but requires an 'expert' to install it correctly. It must be machined exactly to insure the joints will match and can be 'sealed' together. Don't think this is a good project for someone who does not have a lot of experience with the material.
Somewhere hereabouts, you posted the same question, and I posted an answer there. But I'll repeat it here. Home Depot inthe Greater Boston area sells Corian tub surrounds, although they don't keep them in stock. They're special order, and they can, indeed, be installed by the home owner with a little experience in home renovation. That's exactly what I did. The only really scary part came when I had to "cut" the tub surround at the bottom to fit the tub. Scary given the cost of the things. But the manufacturer provides some pretty explicit instructions and materials to make templates with.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!