Hi, I've been reading about the solid surface tub surround kits, but does anyone knoe where I can find them (in L.A. area)? I checked Home Depot and they only have the acrylic ones. Thanks
Solid surface is a wonderful material but requires an 'expert' to install it correctly. It must be machined exactly to insure the joints will match and can be 'sealed' together. Don't think this is a good project for someone who does not have a lot of experience with the material.
Somewhere hereabouts, you posted the same question, and I posted an answer there. But I'll repeat it here. Home Depot inthe Greater Boston area sells Corian tub surrounds, although they don't keep them in stock. They're special order, and they can, indeed, be installed by the home owner with a little experience in home renovation. That's exactly what I did. The only really scary part came when I had to "cut" the tub surround at the bottom to fit the tub. Scary given the cost of the things. But the manufacturer provides some pretty explicit instructions and materials to make templates with.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!