Hi, I've been reading about the solid surface tub surround kits, but does anyone knoe where I can find them (in L.A. area)? I checked Home Depot and they only have the acrylic ones. Thanks
Solid surface is a wonderful material but requires an 'expert' to install it correctly. It must be machined exactly to insure the joints will match and can be 'sealed' together. Don't think this is a good project for someone who does not have a lot of experience with the material.
Somewhere hereabouts, you posted the same question, and I posted an answer there. But I'll repeat it here. Home Depot inthe Greater Boston area sells Corian tub surrounds, although they don't keep them in stock. They're special order, and they can, indeed, be installed by the home owner with a little experience in home renovation. That's exactly what I did. The only really scary part came when I had to "cut" the tub surround at the bottom to fit the tub. Scary given the cost of the things. But the manufacturer provides some pretty explicit instructions and materials to make templates with.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes