Hello, I am having a new house built & had it drywalled and forget to put a vent hose on the fireplace & cant get to it now to do it, it is now all inclosed. Is it very important,or am i going to have to cut into the wall or what,i messed up? Thanks Darwin.
A "vent hose?" Meaning a chimney duct for the fireplace to vent the smoke from the fire? (It should not be a "hose" for flaming embers and smoke.) Where do you propose the smoke and flying embers from the fireplace go if you do not have a "vent hose:" into the wooden walls?!?!
If that's what you mean, then, yes, you need to tear through the drywall.
installing paneling over drywall and putting up chai...
Drywall corner bead
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!