Hello, I am having a new house built & had it drywalled and forget to put a vent hose on the fireplace & cant get to it now to do it, it is now all inclosed. Is it very important,or am i going to have to cut into the wall or what,i messed up? Thanks Darwin.
A "vent hose?" Meaning a chimney duct for the fireplace to vent the smoke from the fire? (It should not be a "hose" for flaming embers and smoke.) Where do you propose the smoke and flying embers from the fireplace go if you do not have a "vent hose:" into the wooden walls?!?!
If that's what you mean, then, yes, you need to tear through the drywall.
installing paneling over drywall and putting up chai...
Drywall corner bead
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight