We recently finished construction and moved into our ranch with finished basement. Three rooms have egress windows and window wells that allow "flooding" into the bedrooms with each hard rain. The rain washes away the ground (sand) around the well allowing water to go down under the well and come up through the drain. Water builds up and floods into the bedrooms ruining the carpet, pad, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions to help stop this problem?? We've only lived in the house for two months and it has happend twice already.
Tie the window wells into your basement waterproofing system. Drill holes and install 3/4" pvc piping, and run it right into the system. Fill up the window wells with crushed stone. Water that comes in will travel to the sump pump. If your walls are finished, just channel out a small section.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!