Help! - Redoing ceiling
this is fairly normal tho someone should haved discussed it before beginning. If you just hired a drywall crew, I understand why they might have not brought it up. They have one specialty only.
A home inprovement or remodeling contractor would/should have had the experience to point this out and include it or discuss the options with you.
If you only mentioned wanting the ceiling redone, you afe getting what you asked for. Mudding andf taping the corner to the wall involves a foot down the wall of new surface and painting. Your whole walll would then need paint to look right. That would probably lead to trim paint on window and doors...
Stopping at the ceiling is the easier, more common way around here, and adding the crown or bedmold will add a touch of style. Go for it.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Pest, Be Gone! 10 Steps to a Critter-Free Home
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight