Help! - Redoing ceiling
this is fairly normal tho someone should haved discussed it before beginning. If you just hired a drywall crew, I understand why they might have not brought it up. They have one specialty only.
A home inprovement or remodeling contractor would/should have had the experience to point this out and include it or discuss the options with you.
If you only mentioned wanting the ceiling redone, you afe getting what you asked for. Mudding andf taping the corner to the wall involves a foot down the wall of new surface and painting. Your whole walll would then need paint to look right. That would probably lead to trim paint on window and doors...
Stopping at the ceiling is the easier, more common way around here, and adding the crown or bedmold will add a touch of style. Go for it.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers