Help! - Redoing ceiling
this is fairly normal tho someone should haved discussed it before beginning. If you just hired a drywall crew, I understand why they might have not brought it up. They have one specialty only.
A home inprovement or remodeling contractor would/should have had the experience to point this out and include it or discuss the options with you.
If you only mentioned wanting the ceiling redone, you afe getting what you asked for. Mudding andf taping the corner to the wall involves a foot down the wall of new surface and painting. Your whole walll would then need paint to look right. That would probably lead to trim paint on window and doors...
Stopping at the ceiling is the easier, more common way around here, and adding the crown or bedmold will add a touch of style. Go for it.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING