installing a chalk board countertop
I don't really have much in the way of advice but I just wanted to say that this sounds like a really cool idea!
I want to do some countertops (using large porcelain tile) and am trying to determine what to edge with myself. Wood is tempting, as it's fairly easy...but it eventually swells up, etc, with moisture and doesn't look so great over time. Ceramic tile is a perennially good option--but I've found that it's not always so easy to find just the right one--esp. for edging.
Please keep us posted; we can all learn from your progress! You might consider submitting this one to a magazine or something, very cool!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight