installing a chalk board countertop
I don't really have much in the way of advice but I just wanted to say that this sounds like a really cool idea!
I want to do some countertops (using large porcelain tile) and am trying to determine what to edge with myself. Wood is tempting, as it's fairly easy...but it eventually swells up, etc, with moisture and doesn't look so great over time. Ceramic tile is a perennially good option--but I've found that it's not always so easy to find just the right one--esp. for edging.
Please keep us posted; we can all learn from your progress! You might consider submitting this one to a magazine or something, very cool!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 11 Cool DIY Sheds with Designs You Can Steal
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers