I recently purchased a Craftsman Snowthrower model 536.886520 used on Craigslist. It started fine. When I got it home and tried to run it in gear, it stalled. I added a pint of Heat and tried it the next day with the same results. I notice that the previous owned has bypassed the shut off key by cutting the wire to the key unit.
My question is do I bother pulling and cleaning the carb and float, put new spark plug, and fuel line? Or is it the transmission? The plastic cover between the 2nd stage blower and engine has been subjected to heat as it is slightly melted. Must have had somthing happen like auger bind. I noticed they have a regular bolt in place of the shear pins. If I keep it I will be sure to put shear pins on it.
Any ideas on what it is? Should I cut my losses now and sell it for the chassis and engine or is it worth tinking with?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight