I recently purchased a Craftsman Snowthrower model 536.886520 used on Craigslist. It started fine. When I got it home and tried to run it in gear, it stalled. I added a pint of Heat and tried it the next day with the same results. I notice that the previous owned has bypassed the shut off key by cutting the wire to the key unit.
My question is do I bother pulling and cleaning the carb and float, put new spark plug, and fuel line? Or is it the transmission? The plastic cover between the 2nd stage blower and engine has been subjected to heat as it is slightly melted. Must have had somthing happen like auger bind. I noticed they have a regular bolt in place of the shear pins. If I keep it I will be sure to put shear pins on it.
Any ideas on what it is? Should I cut my losses now and sell it for the chassis and engine or is it worth tinking with?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!