I recently purchased a Craftsman Snowthrower model 536.886520 used on Craigslist. It started fine. When I got it home and tried to run it in gear, it stalled. I added a pint of Heat and tried it the next day with the same results. I notice that the previous owned has bypassed the shut off key by cutting the wire to the key unit.
My question is do I bother pulling and cleaning the carb and float, put new spark plug, and fuel line? Or is it the transmission? The plastic cover between the 2nd stage blower and engine has been subjected to heat as it is slightly melted. Must have had somthing happen like auger bind. I noticed they have a regular bolt in place of the shear pins. If I keep it I will be sure to put shear pins on it.
Any ideas on what it is? Should I cut my losses now and sell it for the chassis and engine or is it worth tinking with?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING