We just purchased a summer cottage in Colonial Beach, Virginia, while remodeling a 2 bedroom into a 1 bedroom, we noticed that all of the walls, floor & ceiling are on huge piano hinges, they are laid out so the rooms, can be folded in on themselves. We or the town do not know when this house was originally built. I'm very interested to find out what type of house this is, and who made it. The craftsmanship is excellent as all of the framework is mortised and darn I forgot the other word, but, you all know what I mean I'm sure, no nails are used!
PLEASE, PLEASE, help us, in figuring out this puzzling house.
thankyou for any assistance you can give us,
J & B BENDER
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight