We just purchased a summer cottage in Colonial Beach, Virginia, while remodeling a 2 bedroom into a 1 bedroom, we noticed that all of the walls, floor & ceiling are on huge piano hinges, they are laid out so the rooms, can be folded in on themselves. We or the town do not know when this house was originally built. I'm very interested to find out what type of house this is, and who made it. The craftsmanship is excellent as all of the framework is mortised and darn I forgot the other word, but, you all know what I mean I'm sure, no nails are used!
PLEASE, PLEASE, help us, in figuring out this puzzling house.
thankyou for any assistance you can give us,
J & B BENDER
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!