Black dust on walls and ceiling
I'd suggest getting a humidifier. See if you can borrow one and try it out for a while and see if it makes any difference. If I'm right, then it should.
If you can't borrow one, and this is convienant for you [as long as you don't have little walkers toddling in the house] then you can put a pan with water in it on top of your baseboard heater. Soup cans with water will work as well if your heaters aren't wide enough for anything bigger.
If you have any paper work from the company that did your house, I'd read it carefully. Your warranty may not be expired, they may be just telling you this so they don't have to pay for anything. Unfortunately, a lot of places do this to people [we used to deal with an insurance company that did that to us a lot, but we read the fine print and knew better].
But I am betting tht you burn candles in your house and the sooty film is from the wicks.
Modulars tend to be really "tight"....... air/ventilation.......
Buy a CO2 detector
Roll on Texture Paint
Now totally confused! Basemnt recommendations needed...
How to REMOVE Styrofoam Tiles on wall and ceiling
Asbestos removed the wrong way?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 8 DIY Storage Solutions for a Closet-less Room
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 7 Ways to Make Your New House Look Old
- Soundproof Your Home with 11 DIYs
- Set the Tone: 8 Colors for an Inviting Dining Room
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY