Black dust on walls and ceiling
I'd suggest getting a humidifier. See if you can borrow one and try it out for a while and see if it makes any difference. If I'm right, then it should.
If you can't borrow one, and this is convienant for you [as long as you don't have little walkers toddling in the house] then you can put a pan with water in it on top of your baseboard heater. Soup cans with water will work as well if your heaters aren't wide enough for anything bigger.
If you have any paper work from the company that did your house, I'd read it carefully. Your warranty may not be expired, they may be just telling you this so they don't have to pay for anything. Unfortunately, a lot of places do this to people [we used to deal with an insurance company that did that to us a lot, but we read the fine print and knew better].
But I am betting tht you burn candles in your house and the sooty film is from the wicks.
Modulars tend to be really "tight"....... air/ventilation.......
Buy a CO2 detector
Roll on Texture Paint
Now totally confused! Basemnt recommendations needed...
How to REMOVE Styrofoam Tiles on wall and ceiling
Asbestos removed the wrong way?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers