Black dust on walls and ceiling
I'd suggest getting a humidifier. See if you can borrow one and try it out for a while and see if it makes any difference. If I'm right, then it should.
If you can't borrow one, and this is convienant for you [as long as you don't have little walkers toddling in the house] then you can put a pan with water in it on top of your baseboard heater. Soup cans with water will work as well if your heaters aren't wide enough for anything bigger.
If you have any paper work from the company that did your house, I'd read it carefully. Your warranty may not be expired, they may be just telling you this so they don't have to pay for anything. Unfortunately, a lot of places do this to people [we used to deal with an insurance company that did that to us a lot, but we read the fine print and knew better].
But I am betting tht you burn candles in your house and the sooty film is from the wicks.
Modulars tend to be really "tight"....... air/ventilation.......
Buy a CO2 detector
Roll on Texture Paint
Now totally confused! Basemnt recommendations needed...
How to REMOVE Styrofoam Tiles on wall and ceiling
Asbestos removed the wrong way?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects