Black dust on walls and ceiling
I'd suggest getting a humidifier. See if you can borrow one and try it out for a while and see if it makes any difference. If I'm right, then it should.
If you can't borrow one, and this is convienant for you [as long as you don't have little walkers toddling in the house] then you can put a pan with water in it on top of your baseboard heater. Soup cans with water will work as well if your heaters aren't wide enough for anything bigger.
If you have any paper work from the company that did your house, I'd read it carefully. Your warranty may not be expired, they may be just telling you this so they don't have to pay for anything. Unfortunately, a lot of places do this to people [we used to deal with an insurance company that did that to us a lot, but we read the fine print and knew better].
But I am betting tht you burn candles in your house and the sooty film is from the wicks.
Modulars tend to be really "tight"....... air/ventilation.......
Buy a CO2 detector
Roll on Texture Paint
Now totally confused! Basemnt recommendations needed...
How to REMOVE Styrofoam Tiles on wall and ceiling
Asbestos removed the wrong way?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!