Black dust on walls and ceiling
I'd suggest getting a humidifier. See if you can borrow one and try it out for a while and see if it makes any difference. If I'm right, then it should.
If you can't borrow one, and this is convienant for you [as long as you don't have little walkers toddling in the house] then you can put a pan with water in it on top of your baseboard heater. Soup cans with water will work as well if your heaters aren't wide enough for anything bigger.
If you have any paper work from the company that did your house, I'd read it carefully. Your warranty may not be expired, they may be just telling you this so they don't have to pay for anything. Unfortunately, a lot of places do this to people [we used to deal with an insurance company that did that to us a lot, but we read the fine print and knew better].
But I am betting tht you burn candles in your house and the sooty film is from the wicks.
Modulars tend to be really "tight"....... air/ventilation.......
Buy a CO2 detector
Roll on Texture Paint
Now totally confused! Basemnt recommendations needed...
How to REMOVE Styrofoam Tiles on wall and ceiling
Asbestos removed the wrong way?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!