I would like some info on home plans that you can buy from a catalog or at homeplans.cm
I live in Houston,Tx and wonder if there are certain codes or restrictions that would keep me from building a home from one of these catalogs.Any success stories or horror stories would be great.
well, i have worked at architectural firm and people have ordered plans from sou***** liv*** magazine as well as or places and the plans were a joke. basic everything... to the extent they look nothing like the pictures of the finished home. so i would rather go have a home designer draw them up it would be a little bit more but the plans would be complete. a set of those cheesy plans will run you $700 to what? $2,000. the home designer here run from $1,000 to $5,000. i dunno about your area but a good place here would be about $1,500 and the plans would look good and you would know what your house would look like and what your getting.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight