I would like some info on home plans that you can buy from a catalog or at homeplans.cm
I live in Houston,Tx and wonder if there are certain codes or restrictions that would keep me from building a home from one of these catalogs.Any success stories or horror stories would be great.
well, i have worked at architectural firm and people have ordered plans from sou***** liv*** magazine as well as or places and the plans were a joke. basic everything... to the extent they look nothing like the pictures of the finished home. so i would rather go have a home designer draw them up it would be a little bit more but the plans would be complete. a set of those cheesy plans will run you $700 to what? $2,000. the home designer here run from $1,000 to $5,000. i dunno about your area but a good place here would be about $1,500 and the plans would look good and you would know what your house would look like and what your getting.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!