I have a fenced in yard and also use that for my car to come and go what can I do to make the door automatic? The yard is in Arizona so the yard is full of rocks no matter where you dig is their another way instead of electricty because I can't have wires over head it's not code.
Reauterry - hi, have you looked at the possible use of batteries and a solar panel to recharge them? That'd supply the electrical power to work the gate/door without having to do lots of digging. I haven't lived in AZ since 1980 but even back then, solar panels were beginning to see widespread use out there. The stores that sell them could help you with the calculations needed to ensure your batteries would be recharged/kept charged. I hope this helps you some - regards! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
Thanks for the information I forgot all about solar batteries do you have any Ideas about how many batteries it would take or just ask somebody up town .
Reauterry - hi again! No, I'm not certain how many you'd need. That'd be determined more by the size (in volts) and power drain (in amps) whatever mechanism you install needs to properly operate the gate/door. I'd think the people selling/installing the mechanism should be able to help on that. You'd probably want to have about 30% more battery power than what's necessary...it'd help for those times when the solar panels don't get enough sun to fully recharge the batteries. This is a project that'll probably require a bit of "new" research, or some research in the scientific community. Good luck! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!