I have a fenced in yard and also use that for my car to come and go what can I do to make the door automatic? The yard is in Arizona so the yard is full of rocks no matter where you dig is their another way instead of electricty because I can't have wires over head it's not code.
Reauterry - hi, have you looked at the possible use of batteries and a solar panel to recharge them? That'd supply the electrical power to work the gate/door without having to do lots of digging. I haven't lived in AZ since 1980 but even back then, solar panels were beginning to see widespread use out there. The stores that sell them could help you with the calculations needed to ensure your batteries would be recharged/kept charged. I hope this helps you some - regards! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
Thanks for the information I forgot all about solar batteries do you have any Ideas about how many batteries it would take or just ask somebody up town .
Reauterry - hi again! No, I'm not certain how many you'd need. That'd be determined more by the size (in volts) and power drain (in amps) whatever mechanism you install needs to properly operate the gate/door. I'd think the people selling/installing the mechanism should be able to help on that. You'd probably want to have about 30% more battery power than what's necessary...it'd help for those times when the solar panels don't get enough sun to fully recharge the batteries. This is a project that'll probably require a bit of "new" research, or some research in the scientific community. Good luck! Jim D/Heathsville, VA
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight