i am moving to a new place in the country and it has an incredibly steep driveway. i plan on parking at the top of it and walking down, but need some good ideas of how to make it safer to even walk down without falling. i am going to put up a handrail but am thinking of something like speed bumps to help keep a grip. anyone got any good ideas??
mahalo for your help!
If it's that steep, you might consider building a stairway along the side of the driveway from top to bottom. There's little that can affordably resolve your problem with the driveway itself. If simply walking down the driveway will present problems, think about those times when your hands are full of groceries, etc.
Are you in Hawaii? Or just dreamin of being in Kauai? If so you aren't worried about ice. If you can't afford the stairs like treebeard suggested, what about a paint. I think they sell something with a grit in it and you could probably get it in any color to match the driveway. You may want to post under the subject paint if this is a possible solution.
Just an idea,
Just an idea,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love