i am moving to a new place in the country and it has an incredibly steep driveway. i plan on parking at the top of it and walking down, but need some good ideas of how to make it safer to even walk down without falling. i am going to put up a handrail but am thinking of something like speed bumps to help keep a grip. anyone got any good ideas??
mahalo for your help!
If it's that steep, you might consider building a stairway along the side of the driveway from top to bottom. There's little that can affordably resolve your problem with the driveway itself. If simply walking down the driveway will present problems, think about those times when your hands are full of groceries, etc.
Are you in Hawaii? Or just dreamin of being in Kauai? If so you aren't worried about ice. If you can't afford the stairs like treebeard suggested, what about a paint. I think they sell something with a grit in it and you could probably get it in any color to match the driveway. You may want to post under the subject paint if this is a possible solution.
Just an idea,
Just an idea,
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING