i am moving to a new place in the country and it has an incredibly steep driveway. i plan on parking at the top of it and walking down, but need some good ideas of how to make it safer to even walk down without falling. i am going to put up a handrail but am thinking of something like speed bumps to help keep a grip. anyone got any good ideas??
mahalo for your help!
If it's that steep, you might consider building a stairway along the side of the driveway from top to bottom. There's little that can affordably resolve your problem with the driveway itself. If simply walking down the driveway will present problems, think about those times when your hands are full of groceries, etc.
Are you in Hawaii? Or just dreamin of being in Kauai? If so you aren't worried about ice. If you can't afford the stairs like treebeard suggested, what about a paint. I think they sell something with a grit in it and you could probably get it in any color to match the driveway. You may want to post under the subject paint if this is a possible solution.
Just an idea,
Just an idea,
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight