We sold a house in 1998 and then bought it back last June. It's in a city and we have both municipal and well water. The well is for watering gardens only. The person who lived here did not use the well for 5 years. We turned it on last summer and it pumps but very slowly. We had a well guy come to see what the problem is and he suggested the well point might be partially clogged. He suggested we pour vinegar down it and let it sit for a couple of days. We tried that and didn't really see a difference.
Any suggestions for unclogging a plugged well point? We've heard that maybe using an air compressor and blowing it out might work.
Help! Thanks for any ideas!
I don't suppose you are from Indy. My son-in-law owns a well business and my husband does all of the pump and service work. My husband says the pump may have to be pulled and the screen cleaned out. If that is not the problem then you may have to have acid run through the lines. Your best bet is to have a good well/pump man do the job unless you know someone who could first pull the pump up to check the screen. If you are from Indy I can of course hook you up with the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes