We sold a house in 1998 and then bought it back last June. It's in a city and we have both municipal and well water. The well is for watering gardens only. The person who lived here did not use the well for 5 years. We turned it on last summer and it pumps but very slowly. We had a well guy come to see what the problem is and he suggested the well point might be partially clogged. He suggested we pour vinegar down it and let it sit for a couple of days. We tried that and didn't really see a difference.
Any suggestions for unclogging a plugged well point? We've heard that maybe using an air compressor and blowing it out might work.
Help! Thanks for any ideas!
I don't suppose you are from Indy. My son-in-law owns a well business and my husband does all of the pump and service work. My husband says the pump may have to be pulled and the screen cleaned out. If that is not the problem then you may have to have acid run through the lines. Your best bet is to have a good well/pump man do the job unless you know someone who could first pull the pump up to check the screen. If you are from Indy I can of course hook you up with the best!!!!!!!!!!!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!