Hi! We are looking at buying an older home and the question i have is about the siding they put vinyl siding over old siding but did not insulate in between will this pose a problem later down the road? Also they reshingled over the cedar shakes will the cedar shakes have to be removed or will it be fine? There were a few maybe 5 or 6 shingles in an area that had come off. Shingles were done in 2002 and siding 2003.
I was wondering because someone had told me that there may be more of a chance of black mold growing because of frost in winter and the original siding was not taken off first is there any truth to that? I live in Canada and your answers are greatly welcomed.
thank you .
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!