Hi! We are looking at buying an older home and the question i have is about the siding they put vinyl siding over old siding but did not insulate in between will this pose a problem later down the road? Also they reshingled over the cedar shakes will the cedar shakes have to be removed or will it be fine? There were a few maybe 5 or 6 shingles in an area that had come off. Shingles were done in 2002 and siding 2003.
I was wondering because someone had told me that there may be more of a chance of black mold growing because of frost in winter and the original siding was not taken off first is there any truth to that? I live in Canada and your answers are greatly welcomed.
thank you .
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects