Hi! We are looking at buying an older home and the question i have is about the siding they put vinyl siding over old siding but did not insulate in between will this pose a problem later down the road? Also they reshingled over the cedar shakes will the cedar shakes have to be removed or will it be fine? There were a few maybe 5 or 6 shingles in an area that had come off. Shingles were done in 2002 and siding 2003.
I was wondering because someone had told me that there may be more of a chance of black mold growing because of frost in winter and the original siding was not taken off first is there any truth to that? I live in Canada and your answers are greatly welcomed.
thank you .
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!