Hi! We are looking at buying an older home and the question i have is about the siding they put vinyl siding over old siding but did not insulate in between will this pose a problem later down the road? Also they reshingled over the cedar shakes will the cedar shakes have to be removed or will it be fine? There were a few maybe 5 or 6 shingles in an area that had come off. Shingles were done in 2002 and siding 2003.
I was wondering because someone had told me that there may be more of a chance of black mold growing because of frost in winter and the original siding was not taken off first is there any truth to that? I live in Canada and your answers are greatly welcomed.
thank you .
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers