I've got a 10 year old garage door that has started is starting to act up. About 60% of the time, when you close the door, it will go almost to the bottom (within 6 or 8 inches) and act like it has hit something. When it does this the door goes back up.
I can try it again right awasy and it might work or it might do the same thing. I've tried it 3 times and it worked then but other times you can try it over and over without success.
sometimes mine does that and it could be the sensor light hitting the sunlight and sences their is something in the way or readjusting the door for the open position. Hope this help out.
Give the door itself a general tuneup. Tighten all screws and bolts, lube all hinges and rollers. Adjust the chain if needed, making sure it's not dragging or binding.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING