I've got a 10 year old garage door that has started is starting to act up. About 60% of the time, when you close the door, it will go almost to the bottom (within 6 or 8 inches) and act like it has hit something. When it does this the door goes back up.
I can try it again right awasy and it might work or it might do the same thing. I've tried it 3 times and it worked then but other times you can try it over and over without success.
sometimes mine does that and it could be the sensor light hitting the sunlight and sences their is something in the way or readjusting the door for the open position. Hope this help out.
Give the door itself a general tuneup. Tighten all screws and bolts, lube all hinges and rollers. Adjust the chain if needed, making sure it's not dragging or binding.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!