I have one bathroom in my home that is totally constructed (in 1955) of GLAZED tile blocks. The surface is impervious to everything! I have just removed 1/4" masonite paneling that was applied using "dobs" of panel adhesive on approximately every single tile, leaving much air-space, consequently, a LOT of room for moisture to accumulate, and allowing black mold and mildew to grow.
I want to cover the tile as much as possible, again, but with a more suitable product for a bathroom. There is a shower, lavatory, and stool, closet, window. There WILL be an exhaust fan added. The floor is ceramic tile. What product or products would work in that environment, and which bonding agent would I use, not only for high moisture area, but also that would adhere to the glazed tile? I also plan to "trim out" the window and within 1-1/2" of the shower door with non-wood casing, and silicone caulk seal.
Judith A. Farrow
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes