I have a easy set pool. I used sand to level the ground. That didn't work. The pool rolled over the edge of the sand. It was so oval shaped it had to come down.
Does anyone know if tilling up the sand with the grass and dirt will cause a problem? I want to start over fresh with the ground. The loose dirt should be easier to work with than th hard ground.
I had an easy set pool, and I used sand also. The instructions said "no sand", and I guess they were right. I worked alot on bringin9g the sand into my back yard, (3 tons), and used a 16 ft. 2X4 to level it. I have seen the level ground issue around town be a problem, as these things seem to roll, like you said, if not level. I lost mine on about the 5th day, as it dumped about what I estimated to be about 2000 gallons of water into the neighbors yard (which is lower than mine). I never coulkd get it more than about 2/3rds capacity, and I think it is an inherent problem with tis type of pool, even on concrete. However, I think the sand contributed to the problem by shifting or "vacating" from under the edges of the pool, making that oval shape, and dumping out like a teapot. I think I would have been better off to build a low deck and set it on it.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight