I have a easy set pool. I used sand to level the ground. That didn't work. The pool rolled over the edge of the sand. It was so oval shaped it had to come down.
Does anyone know if tilling up the sand with the grass and dirt will cause a problem? I want to start over fresh with the ground. The loose dirt should be easier to work with than th hard ground.
I had an easy set pool, and I used sand also. The instructions said "no sand", and I guess they were right. I worked alot on bringin9g the sand into my back yard, (3 tons), and used a 16 ft. 2X4 to level it. I have seen the level ground issue around town be a problem, as these things seem to roll, like you said, if not level. I lost mine on about the 5th day, as it dumped about what I estimated to be about 2000 gallons of water into the neighbors yard (which is lower than mine). I never coulkd get it more than about 2/3rds capacity, and I think it is an inherent problem with tis type of pool, even on concrete. However, I think the sand contributed to the problem by shifting or "vacating" from under the edges of the pool, making that oval shape, and dumping out like a teapot. I think I would have been better off to build a low deck and set it on it.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers