Has anyone ever heard of Butyl-X caulk? I am not sure if that is a brand name or a description. There is a contractor repairing broken mortar joints with something he calls Butyl-X caulk at the church I serve. I am afraid we may be "being taken."
This caulk is a chocolate brown color. Though I have never seen a tube of what he is using for myself I can say the caulk bears a striking resemblence, color anyway, to DAP(R) Alex Plus(R) cedar tan.
I would appreciate any comments at all concerning this product or repairing mortar joints with caulk in general.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!