Has anyone ever heard of Butyl-X caulk? I am not sure if that is a brand name or a description. There is a contractor repairing broken mortar joints with something he calls Butyl-X caulk at the church I serve. I am afraid we may be "being taken."
This caulk is a chocolate brown color. Though I have never seen a tube of what he is using for myself I can say the caulk bears a striking resemblence, color anyway, to DAP(R) Alex Plus(R) cedar tan.
I would appreciate any comments at all concerning this product or repairing mortar joints with caulk in general.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING