Has anyone ever heard of Butyl-X caulk? I am not sure if that is a brand name or a description. There is a contractor repairing broken mortar joints with something he calls Butyl-X caulk at the church I serve. I am afraid we may be "being taken."
This caulk is a chocolate brown color. Though I have never seen a tube of what he is using for myself I can say the caulk bears a striking resemblence, color anyway, to DAP(R) Alex Plus(R) cedar tan.
I would appreciate any comments at all concerning this product or repairing mortar joints with caulk in general.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love