Has anyone ever heard of Butyl-X caulk? I am not sure if that is a brand name or a description. There is a contractor repairing broken mortar joints with something he calls Butyl-X caulk at the church I serve. I am afraid we may be "being taken."
This caulk is a chocolate brown color. Though I have never seen a tube of what he is using for myself I can say the caulk bears a striking resemblence, color anyway, to DAP(R) Alex Plus(R) cedar tan.
I would appreciate any comments at all concerning this product or repairing mortar joints with caulk in general.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects