While trying to hang some pictures and shelves in my apartment I have used a stud finder to locate studs, but I have run into a problem. When I find a place to drill and insert a anchor because no stud was indicated, I find that just as soon as I get through the dry wall (1/2 in) I run into METAL of some sort. My question is: Can I purchase something like a stud finder to enable me to know before I drill a hole if the drilling will be successful? I have had to spackle and touch up several holes because of this problem. This is my first apartment so I'm used to a regular home and never found this problem. Thanks.
Youngstown kitchen cabinets
Hanging a therapy swing from the Ibeam in basement
hanging pictures with plaster and concrete firewall ...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!