I have an outlet that is 110. I have a washer that is 120V and 10 amp. and a gas dryer that is 120V and 6 amp.
I don't know what the circuit is (15...?) I don't think I can run both of them at the same time off the same receptacle but can I run these machines safely at all since the outlet is 110, but the machines are 120V? If so, does each machine need it's own receptacle, or can I just operate them by not running them at the same time (from same receptacle)?
Please advise. Thanks.
Your gas dryer should only be on start up, so you should be able to run them both at the same time. You should probably have a 20 amp breaker if possible. Or fuse. You can run them both safely off the same outlet at the same time.
For general-purpose motor loads (which your washer and dryer are) voltages of 110, 112, 115, and 120 are nominal and interchangable. Often the actual voltage at the plug varies from area to area of town and may also vary at differnt times of the day. Most modern motors will operate safely between 110v and 130v.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes