I've just become a snowbird and will be leaving my Michigan home vacant for much of the winter. What are the recommendations for shutting off the water while away? First, is shut off even necessary? If so, the whole house or just washing machine? Do sinks need to be drained? Toilets? Will pipes be harmed by being left empty for several months? Is anti-freeze necessary in the system if the heat is left on 60 degrees continuously. Any other advice for leaving an empty house for the winter?
tiling over formica..do I have to remove it or can I...
Patio Problems! Please Help!
Refacing Kitchen Cabinets
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects