I've just become a snowbird and will be leaving my Michigan home vacant for much of the winter. What are the recommendations for shutting off the water while away? First, is shut off even necessary? If so, the whole house or just washing machine? Do sinks need to be drained? Toilets? Will pipes be harmed by being left empty for several months? Is anti-freeze necessary in the system if the heat is left on 60 degrees continuously. Any other advice for leaving an empty house for the winter?
tiling over formica..do I have to remove it or can I...
Patio Problems! Please Help!
Refacing Kitchen Cabinets
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!