I have no idea how much gas and oil to mix for my snowblower. What type of oil do I buy? Please Help!!!
Mary A Brown
some manufacturers recommend their brand of oil, but in my opinion any name brand 2-cycle oil mixed at 40:1 would work. in the long run it would help to know the engines required ratio. you could foul plugs or eventually plug the muffler if it is too rich. most 2-cycles run on 32:1, 40:1, or 50:1. thats the reason i mentioned 40:1. its in the middle and should be ok.
You'll need to know whether if the engine is a 2 stroke cycle or 4 stroke cycle. A 4 stroke has a crankcase that oil goes into. It will take clean gasoline. A 2 stroke cycle engine needs the mix of gas & oil. That lubricates the engine. If not the engine will sieze up in 20 minutes flat. Take a look at the snowblower for it's labels, see if you can find anything. If not go to a lawnmower shop with the snowblower & have them help you out. C.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes