Hi - my parents have just completed building their home which includes finished installation of 2 vent-free fireplaces. [1 located on an exterior wall and 1 2-sided on an interior wall]
I've recently read enough warnings and testimonials about the dangers inherent with vent-free fireplaces that I'm concerned about my parents' use of them (esp b/c the air quality is supposed to be even more greatly effected in new construction)
Is it possible to convert ventless fireplaces to vented? Or are there any other options available to them outside of replacing them with vented models?
Thanks for any insight you might be able to offer.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!