I have a Stanley Garage door Opener that is about 15 years old. All of a sudden now, it wont open. The unit is just making this TAPPING/CLICKING sound when I try to push the "OPEN" button. And the light that is on it is blicking to this tapping/clicking sound as well! But the chain drive won't move.
I took off the cover and the sound seems to be coming from the "MOTHER BOARD" on it. Like from one of the sockets attached to this mother board. Now I have another of the same next to it and this unit is opening the garage door just fine for now!
The only numbers I have are:
Please help me as to what you think it might be and how I can go about fixing this situation?
Thanks so much!!
Tom/Pa [email protected]
i had a similar issue, but my door wouldn't go down. look to see if there are 'end point' adjustment knobs on the back of the unit, mine must of moved from vibration over time, a quick turn of the knob [after some swearing, and wondering what the heck went wrong] i was back in shape. mine also made the noises you describe.
hope this helps,
hope this helps,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects