I have a Stanley Garage door Opener that is about 15 years old. All of a sudden now, it wont open. The unit is just making this TAPPING/CLICKING sound when I try to push the "OPEN" button. And the light that is on it is blicking to this tapping/clicking sound as well! But the chain drive won't move.
I took off the cover and the sound seems to be coming from the "MOTHER BOARD" on it. Like from one of the sockets attached to this mother board. Now I have another of the same next to it and this unit is opening the garage door just fine for now!
The only numbers I have are:
Please help me as to what you think it might be and how I can go about fixing this situation?
Thanks so much!!
i had a similar issue, but my door wouldn't go down. look to see if there are 'end point' adjustment knobs on the back of the unit, mine must of moved from vibration over time, a quick turn of the knob [after some swearing, and wondering what the heck went wrong] i was back in shape. mine also made the noises you describe.
hope this helps,
hope this helps,
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 10 Secret Rooms & Passages in Ordinary Homes
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers