The stucco exterior wall of my house extends beyond or overhangs the foundation.
The bottom of this wall channel or overhang has metal strips with weep holes mounted flat up against the botom of this wall channnel. The term for this might be "J" type weep screed? Anyway, This metal strip with weep holes has about a 10 foot section that is rusting and corroded. I believe this metal strip(s) has a lip that curves up to attach against the wall. So this lip is embedded in the stucco-I think? Where can I get instruction, literature, book for learning how to do this job.
Somone suggested that I might be able to remove the rusted metal portion and rivet new metal strips onto old remaining good metal.
The job is not as easy as some make it sound. I have a website mostly devoted to stucco. www.badstucco.com What part of the country are you in? Sounds like the metal did not have a good coat of galvinise on it. Substandard material. I can be reached at the # on the web site it is toll free for you.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!