Someone please help we just installed new beige carpet, and my daughter spilled bleech on it in a very noticable area. What can I do????????
Sorry, but if the carpet color changed from the bleach you have no option but to replace the damaged area. Just like clothes, some carpet dyes are bleach-proof while others are not. Most residential carpets are padded and generally must be replaced in large sections or whole rooms. If you have a large enough remnant from the original installation, a section could be replaced. If not, but the carpet is still available, a larger area can be replaced to the next door opening. Be warned however that colors don't always match well from different dye lots. Long seams can be made in certain cases but usually don't hold up well to traffic. Glue-down commercial carpets can be patched in small round circles using a special cutting tool. Call your installer for suggestions.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes